The successful Tour Consultant will provide a high level of customer service and be able to convert inquiries to sales. The candidates will be responsible for supporting the team and ensuring the very outstanding services to the clients while keeping costs of the cluster under control.
Sense of Africa is a footprint brand of Tourvest Destination Management, a division of the Tourvest
Integrated Group of Companies. Sense of Africa operates wholly-owned offices in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Namibia, and Botswana.
In keeping up with our current business needs, we are pleased to announce the vacancy for a Tours Consultant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
▪ Must be of highest customer service to be able to retain ongoing business clients as well as secure new ones.
▪ Strive to meet annual sales goals and targets
▪ Follow up and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
▪ Make recommendations/alternatives were needed to ensure the continued evolution of the et’s specific Products
▪ Manage bookings and reservations where needed.
▪ Follow up confirmed bookings to ensure payments are received in a timely manner
▪ Keep up to date with product changes
Qualifications and Required Skills:
▪ Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Tour Operations or Tourism & Hospitality Management
▪ At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
▪ Must be of high integrity and open-minded/outgoing personality
▪ Strong Communication Skills and Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
▪ Attention to details and can multitask.
▪ Open-minded, well-traveled and can work well within a team.
▪ Numerical and Analytical Skills
▪ Fluent in English and any other Foreign language will be an advantage.(German/French/Italian)
▪ ICT Proficient. Experience in Tour plan is highly desirable
▪ Willingness to work within a flexible schedule
▪ Well versed with costing itineraries
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, submit your application to:
clearly indicating the position applied for as the subject matter.
All ordinarily resident applicants who are not Ugandan citizens must have the required work and/or permanent residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Sense of Africa will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position