The Uganda National Council for Science and Technology ( UNCST ) is a Government agency established in 1990 by an Act ot Parliament (CAP. 209). The UNCST under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MoSTl) is mandated to develop and implement strategies for integrating Science and Technology (S&T) into the national development process.
The UNCST is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified, innovative, experienced and visionary individuals, for the position of Deputy Executive Secretary based at its headquarters on Plot 6 Kimera Road, Ntinda, Kampala.
Position: Deputy Executive Secretary
Contract Period: Five Years, renewable
Reports to: a Executive Secretary
The Deputy Executive Secretary’s main roles will be to deputize for the Executive Secretary by providing effective leadership, planning and coordination of UNCST technical programmes and projects; and supporting management and administrative activities..
Key duties and responsibilities:
Deputizing for the Executive Secretary, the selected person will;
• The ideal candidate should be a Ugandan with a minimum of a PhD degree in any relevant science or technology discipline;
• Possession of a Master’s degree in any relevant science or technology discipline;
• Possession of a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in any relevant science or technology discipline;
• Post graduate qualification or proven experience in financial management, business management or a similar field will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: PhD degree
• At least eight (8) years of working experience, four (4) of which should be in management of operations/programmes in a science and technology or related field at a senior level;
• Proven experience in strategic planning, leadership, public relations and resource mobilization;
• Proven experience in management and implementation of science and technology development projects;
• Proven experience working with development partners. Managerial and Administrative
• Commitment to advancement of science and technology;
• High level of integrity;
• Proven knowledge of Science, Technology and innovation sector environment;
• Excellent people management skills, with experience in developing and leading diverse teams;
• Strong interpersonal, team building, negotiation and collaboration skills;
• Proven management ability with a clean record of service;
• Attention to detail, focused and solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas and improve institutional culture;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters, copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicant’s education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), and naming three referees, plus their postal, email and telephone contacts to the address below, not later than 6th November 2019, 5:00 p.m. Ugandan time. Note: indicate the position on the Envelope
Head, Human Resource
Uganda National Council for Science and Technology
Plot 6, Kimera Road, Ntinda
P.0 Box 6884, Kampala
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Uganda National Council for Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any recruitment fee.”