National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) is an organization established under the Act of Parliament of 2001. The Government of Uganda through NAADS is supporting sugarcane production using an out grower’s scheme arrangement in several districts in Northern Uganda in partnership with participating District Local Governments, Farmer Co-operatives and Horyal Investment Holding Company Ltd. NAADS is looking for competent, committed and qualified Ugandans to fill field based positions to provide technical support in the areas of Agriculture, finance and audit for production of sugarcane under the out grower’s scheme. The jobs are attainable under an initial eight (8)-months contract period with a possibility of renewable subject to satisfactory performance rating and availability of funding. The successful candidates will be based in Amuru and Lamwo Districts.
Report to: ASSISTANT MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (DATA BASE)
The main purpose of the job is to support NAADS Secretariat in data entry operations onto the Web based Database Management System to increase the degree to which data is fit for purposes of its intended use in different dimensions that include relevance, accuracy, timeliness, accessibility and coherence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Entrants will work closely with Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support data
entry on all programme related databases to feed into the online database management information
system and report compilation.
Specific duties and responsibilities;
Education, working experience and age:
A Honor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business computing or Statistics
from a recognized University.
At least 1 year of professional working experience in big data entry and management in a reputable
organization preferably using web based database systems.
Adult Ugandan aged below 45 years.
Skills and Competencies
▪ Demonstrated good knowledge and skills in Database applications such My/SQL, Oracle or any Database Management Platform preferably web based database Management System.
▪ Demonstrated good IT skills including knowledge in advanced MS Office Packages preferably MS Access and MS Excel.
▪ Demonstrated skills and experiences in data entry, data management & analysis.
▪ Good oral and written communication skills
▪ Work as team player and team maker
▪ Proven typing speed and accuracy of a minimum of 40 words per minute
▪ Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines.
▪ Ability to work for a minimum of 40 hours per week with minimal supervision.
1) Submit applications accompanied by a typed resume, copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic certificates, transcripts and testimonials.
2) The applicant is expected to provide his/her telephone contact(s) as well asnames of three (3) referees stating their respective physical addresses, telephone numbers and emails.
3) Each applicant is required to specify on the address side of the envelope, the
position being applied for and then submit to:
National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) Secretariat,
P.O. Box 25235,
Plot 5, Kyadondo Road, Block B,
Legacy Towers Nakasero, Kampala.