RAKAI HEALTH SCIENCES PROGRAM
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
DUTY STATION: KALISIZO
The Counsellor will provide psychological counseling to Program clients in a wide variety of conditions/issues ranging from HIV related problems to Psycho-social issues such as Domestic Violence and child abuse. .
• Providing HIV results and counseling to those who requested to know their results.
• Providing follow-up/ongoing psycho-social support counseling to respondents who need such care
• Promoting couple counseling and/or partner notification in the community.
• Providing facilitate HIV disclosure and partner counseling to discordant couples
• Conducting HIV/AIDS education as well as general health education in the study communities
• Promoting the distribution and use of condoms among study participants as an HIV/AIDS prevention and control strategy.
• Promoting family planning practices in the communities of his/her area of jurisdiction.
• Attending mobilization and sensitization meetings whenever and wherever they are called upon.
• Attending counseling meetings at Kalisizo office as often as they are convened
• Preparing and presenting on a regular basis, field reports on counseling activities carried out.
• Representing Rakai Health Sciences Program in the community and is the custodian of Rakai Program property in the community.
• Collecting bio-behavioral health related data as may be deemed necessary
• Any other duty (ies) as assigned to him/her by the Counseling Supervisor from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• The successful candidate should possess Diploma or Degree in Counseling and Guidance from a recognized institution.
• A Certificate in HIV/AIDS Counseling conforming to the MOH HCT policy is an added advantage
• Must follow the code of ethics associated with the respective certification.
• Have obtained at least 3 years’ experience in counseling, with a minimum of two years in HIV and AIDS counseling or medical environment/setting, or hands on experience in similar work.
• Motorcycle riding skills is an added advantage (possess a riding permit)
• Pleasant, social, hardworking, flexible, with a spirit of teamwork/building.
• With good interpersonal skills, and high integrity.
• Fluent in English and Luganda (spoken and written).
• Self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
• Willingness to work and reside in a rural setting – Rakai or Kyotera District and to work for long hours
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees (include email address & contact number), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in one document addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Tuesday 31st March 2020 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.