VACANCY FOR CORRIDOR SUPERVISOR
(VA NO: AFOD/EXT/55/20/001)
DUTY STATION: PALORINYA (1) AND ADJUMANI (5)
DURATION: 6 MONTHS RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE AND AVAILABILITY OF FUNDING.
Background: Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of conflict affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
Main job summary: Supervise the distribution of food commodities to conflict affected population ensuring verified and registered beneficiaries receives the correct entitlement as per the food ration.
Major Duties and responsibilities
- Arrange for food reception and facilitate smooth food commodity distribution following verification of ration cards in assigned distribution corridor.
- Supervise food scoopers and porters assigned to corridors during entire distribution process ensure each beneficiary receives the correct entitlement as per the food ration, paying attention to Extremely Vulnerable Households (EVHs).
- Ensure hygiene is maintained during the distribution process.
- Ensure adequate food commodities available at the distribution station.
- Ensure adequate protection and assistance of the beneficiaries during the distribution exercise.
- Ensure that any beneficiary with complaint is timely referred to the complaints help desk for resolution.
- Ensure daily compilation of casual work sheets at FDP for accurate payment after distribution completion.
- Ensure safety of all records and distribution materials at the distribution centers.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Minimum qualifications & experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, nutrition, agriculture or other related field
- One years’ experience in the General Food Assistance (Food and Cash Based Transfers) to conflict affected population in refugee settings.
In addition to the above qualifications and experience, the applicant should possess the following core competences:
- Strong communication skills Verbal and written English. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills.
- Good planning, organization skills and
- Sensitivity, diplomacy, tact and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Code of conduct as relevant to food distribution activities.
- Be respectful, possess cultural and political awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate flexibility, consistency and sound work ethics.
- Ability and willingness to live and work in remote field locations under basic conditions.
Application: Submit your application through email to
clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location in the subject
or by hand delivery to
Kampala Head Office on
Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road Ntinda,
Adjumani Field Office on Kelvin road,
the AFOD Moyo Office and Palorinya Base Camp, addressed to the Human Resource Officer. Include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference, and location, CV (with 3 referees), copies of the academic qualifications/certificates. The email attachment should be a single PDF document including the cover letter, CV and academic documents.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by AFOD Uganda. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.