The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial and related accounting support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial administrative operations.
Sense of Africa is a footprint brand of Tourvest Destination Management, a division of the Tourvest
Integrated Group of Companies. Sense of Africa operates wholly owned offices in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Namibia and Botswana.
In keeping up with our current business needs, we are pleased to announce the vacancy for Assistant Accountant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
▪ Responsible for handling company petty cash according the financial policies and procedures.
▪ Ensure that petty cash amount in safe is always accurate.
▪ Monitor and ensure that there is always adequate petty cash at hand.
▪ Ensuring the correct posting of petty into the accounting software system.
▪ Ensure that drivers imprest are given to drivers on time
▪ Ensure permits are paid timely
▪ Follow up on drivers’ retirements before new imprest is issued.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
▪ Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)/Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Finance/CPA qualifications
▪ Knowledgeable in general accounting procedures with 2 years’ experience
▪ Proficient in data entry and management
▪ Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
▪ Ability to work fast and in an accurate manner
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills
▪ Ability to learn and adapt quickly to meet changing needs
▪ Proactive and Complete discretion
▪ Team player
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, submit your application to:
clearly indicating the position applied for as the subject matter.
All ordinarily resident applicants who are not Ugandan citizens must have the required work and/or permanent residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Sense of Africa will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position