The Government of Uganda under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) is implementing the third phase of the China Uganda South to South Cooperation Project (SSCP3); with support from the People’s Republic of China (PRC). Through technology, skills and knowledge Transfer from China to Uganda, the overall goal of the project is to upscale and commercialize specific value chains for increased exports.
The Permanent Secretary (MAAIF) wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the positions under the SSCP3 on contract terms.
Job Title: Driver (7)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty station: Entebbe, and regional project hubs in western, Central, Eastern and Northern Uganda
The driver will be responsible for good care of the vehicle and its maintenance in sound mechanical condition. .
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Driving the vehicle as required, ensuring the safety of its passengers and contents;
• Ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy;
• Reporting when the vehicle is due for servicing and repairs;
• Keeping and having safe custody of the vehicle;
• Maintaining the log book for mileage/gas utilization for duties at the work station and in the field;
• Complying with traffic regulations and procedures;
• Ensuring that the vehicle is fueled at all the time, that they have the correct levels of lubricants and that the tyres have the recommended pressure levels
• Assisting with the delivering of messages and documents;
• Reporting any accidents/incidents involving the project vehicle in custody to the immediate supervisor;
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be instructed by the Supervisor.
Skills and Competences
• Fluency in oral and written English
• Good human relations, sensitive, able to meet goals and accept responsibility
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of UCE Certificate with at least four passes including the English Language.
• Valid Driving Permit of Class CM and above.
• At least five years’ experience with a reputable organization with clean driving records
• Driving competence test from Ministry of Works and Transport
• Basic knowledge in Mechanics and a certificate in Vehicle Mechanics will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: UCE Certificate
Job Experience Requirements: five years
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should address their applications to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P. O. Box 102, Entebbe. Applicants should also attach their curriculum vitae, academic certificates, appointment letters as evidence of working experience where applicable and two referees, one of whom must be a current or previous employer.
Applications should be delivered to the Open Registry, not later than 25th October 2019