VVOB – Education for Development, is a non-profit organization that focuses on improving the quality of education. WOB partners with Ministries of Education at national and sub-national levels, and with public education institutions in nine countries globally.
Through the provision of technical assistance, the capacity of national governments and local education authorities for the design and implementation of education policies and/or innovations is improved.
WOB has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), and became operational in Uganda in 2019. VVOB has offices in Kampala and in Gulu and is expecting to set up field offices in Arua and Isingiro soon. More information about the work of VVOB can be found on www.vvob.org.
VVOB is currently recruiting various positions (National staff) with immediate start dates for its projects:
1. From Classroom to Land: Teaching Agriculture Practically (TAP)
2.Teaching at the Right Level for Refugee and Host Communities (TRL)
• Duty Station: VVOB office in Kampala with frequent travel to Gulu and partner institutions
• Start Date: as soon as possible
• Salary Range: From UGX 3,605,351 to 4,934,172 dependent on years of experience
• Contract duration: TAP: December 31st, 2021 – TaRL: May 31st, 2021
As an expert and quality caretaker, the Project officer provides administrative and logistical support to the VVOB programme and team members. .
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Organize HR Related issues (recruitment, onboarding, leave plans, etc.).
• Development, implementation and monitoring of VVOB Uganda HR procedures and practices.
• Preparing budget and managing office supplies, stock management of office refreshments, maintaining and updating inventory list of fixed assets, outsourcing suppliers, maintenance of equipment including the car, and communicating progress to relevant team members.
• Support with the logistics of trainings and workshops.
• General office management, compiling and updating address database, filing of programme correspondence, and providing messenger services.
• Providing support in the logistics of travel arrangements (flight and accommodation bookings) for various visitors.
• Complying with guidelines and correct implementation of procurement including VAT refund process.
Function specific competencies
• Communication skills: listening, speaking & writing
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Office Management, HR management or related field
• At least three years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
• Experience with donor-funded projects.
• Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
• Excellent ICT knowledge, especially text processing and excel spreadsheets.
Job Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online only through the website below by Friday 19th June 2020. We shall only accept applications submitted through this webform: https://www.vvob.org/en/vacancies-uganda.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for the final face to face interview.
Reference checks will be made before a final offer of employment.
Please note, applications submitted without attached motivation letter and CV will not be reviewed. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are ambitious and committed; we are curious and innovative when facing complex challenges; we focus on results and have fun together; we sometimes make mistakes, but learn from them; we act with integrity and respect; and above all, we are a team!