VVOB – Education for Development, is a non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education. WOB partners with Ministries of Education at national and sub-national levels, and with public education institutions in nine countries globally. Through the provision of technical assistance, the capacity of national governments and local education authorities for the design and implementation of education policies and/or innovations is improved.
WOB has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), and became operational in Uganda in 2019. VVOB has offices in Kampala and in Gulu and is expecting to set up field offices in Arua and Isingiro soon. More information about the work of VVOB can be found on www.vvob.org.
VVOB is currently recruiting various positions (National staff) with immediate start dates for its projects:
1. From Classroom to Land: Teaching Agriculture Practically (TAP)
2.Teaching at the Right Level for Refugee and Host Communities (TRL)
• Duty Station: VVOB office/MoES in Kampala with frequent travel
• Start Date: as soon as possible
• Salary Range: From UGX 7,513,105 – 10,282,202 dependent on the years of experience
• Contract duration: TAP: December 31st, 2021 – TaRL: May 31st, 2021
The project coordinator is a leader and role model, who guides and coordinates the project and supports and motivates project staff (technical, operational team of around 10 people for each programme) to achieve results. The project coordinator reports to the programme manager who acts as country representative, and the deputy programme manager.
The project coordinator is a custodian of quality, who ensures the impact, sustainability, relevance, efficiency, and effectiveness of the project activities at country level, and is able to identify and communicate this to a wide range of stakeholders (partners, donors, internally). The project coordinator is an expert, who advises, guides, and supports colleagues in their work to contribute to organizational development and project results. .
Function specific competencies
• Communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing in English)
• 360-degree empathy
• Creativity in problem solving, problem analysis and judgment
• Delegation, coaching and guiding, strategic networking and partnership building
• A Master’s Degree, preferably in education or public policy, or a related field.
• At least five years of demonstrated progressive project coordination experience, preferably working to strengthen government systems and structures.
• Strong time and project management skills (planning, budgeting, monitoring, and report writing).
• Experience with change management and capacity development processes in the context of educational institutions like teacher training institutions, in-service providers for teachers and school leaders and ministries of education.
• At least ten years of experience working closely with multiple partners.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience in managing budgets, managing procurement processes, and consultants.
• Excellent use of Microsoft Office applications.
Job Education: Master’s Degree
Job Experience: 5 years
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online only through the website below by Friday 19th June 2020. We shall only accept applications submitted through this webform: https://www.vvob.org/en/vacancies-uganda.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for the final face to face interview. Reference checks will be made before a final offer of employment.
Please note, applications submitted without attached motivation letter and CV will not be reviewed. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are ambitious and committed; we are curious and innovative when facing complex challenges; we focus on results and have fun together; we sometimes make mistakes, but learn from them; we act with integrity and respect; and above all, we are a team!