BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net . BRAC Uganda invites suitably qualiﬁed Ugandans to ﬁll up the following available vacant position.
BRAC Uganda Health Program
The health Program in Uganda began in 2008 to ensure that people living in poverty can access quality, affordable health services. The goal of the BRAC health program is to improve maternal health and reduce under-5 child morbidity and mortality.
BRAC Uganda through its health program will be implementing a USAID funded Health Systems Strengthening Activity in 60 districts of Uganda. The purpose of the Uganda Health Systems Strengthening (UHSS) activity is to strengthen Uganda’s health system through technical assistance that will improve leadership era accountability for results in public and private health sectors at national, sub-national, and community levels; implement innovative interventions that increase efﬁoient use, governance, and management of key health system resources including human resources for health, ﬁnance, equipment I infrastructure; and strengthen state and no state community health systems that are critical for improved quality of health services.
Job Title: Project Officers
Location: Field based.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensures programmatic decisions on UHSS best practices and innovations are clearly communicated to the intended recipients.
• Conduct mentorship and technical support to Project Assistants and CHWs in the respective districts of operation
• Map and regularly update lists of all project related data interest areas to facilitate high quality community health sen/ice provision to beneﬁciary households.
• Develop work plans and reports in line with timeless agreed byline supervisor.
• Maintain harmonious and constructive relationship with community leadership structures, major stakeholders in the project and policy environment.
• Conduct routine visits to community health work force to monitor performance, build capacity and mentor them.
• Safeguarding Roles
a. Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
b. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Qualiﬁcations and Skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health related ﬁelds
• At least 2 Year experience in community work gained through serving with a government institution or NGO.
• Strong experience in building the capacity of individuals and Organization
• Skills in at least two or more of the following technical area; strengthening service delivery programs, supporting referrals and linkages; service quality improvement and managing household approach interventions.
• Excellent computers skills (Microsoft, Excel, lnternet).
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their Application (addressed to the Manager, HR & Training) & CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly. Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: Friday 08th November, 2019. BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment.