The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives.
The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Ambulance Drivers will also be responsible for the standardization of policies and good warehousing/fleet management practices across all the field sites and will require regular travel to provide technical support to the field-based warehouse staff..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspect and record the condition of the vehicle on a daily basis; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
• Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of IRC vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to head driver any mechanical problems.
• Ensure vehicle is insured and all legal documents are in order at all times; inform Fleet assistant three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
• Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situation.
• Drive Patients, Care givers and staff in a safe and courteous manner to during referrals
• Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment.
• Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of vehicle.
• Give accurate reconciliation within the given period.
• Obey IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures at all times (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
• Assist with other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
Qualifications and Skills
• The ideal applicant should at least have an O’ Level Certificate; A- Level Certificate an added advantage;
• Valid driver’s license with classes ”A, B, CM,CH,DL and DM.”;
• Good driving record; Minimum two years driving experience;
• Knowledge of Codan radio equipment;
• Fluent in English; NGO experience; Kiswahili language skills and knowledge of mechanics preferred.
Job Education: O’ Level Certificate
Job Experience: Two years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below. Click Here